CobbNZ.COM Windows 7 & Vista Gadget
Developed by Chris Crowe [ IIS MVP ] for Weather.CobbNZ.Com
- Latest version 1.8
V1.8-WeatherGadgetByCobbNZ.gadget - 823 KB
- Free, all source code is included. If you modify the gadget we ask
that you retain the links to the following: Developed by
- Background image changes, based on time of day, temperature & current conditions
- User configurable display refresh rates
- User configurable data refresh rates
- Configurable for use with weather stations around the world
- Metric and Imperial measurements
- Displays charts of temperature, barometric pressure and rainfall
- While the gadget is running in the sidebar you can click on the surface of the gadget to get an expanded view of the current weather conditions and trends.
- Search for "moranbah" and select the 3rd one as
your data source
Please send any feedback to Chris at firstname.lastname@example.org
Weather Gadget Flyout
The Vista Gadget can be downloaded by V1.8-WeatherGadgetByCobbNZ.gadget - 823 KB clicking here
Version 1.8 was released on 6th April 2007
We had a problem with the 1.7 release because I pushed up the new version (1.7) to Microsoft and when you downloaded it from there after it was approved you still got 1.5 ( I checked my version I used to update them and it was 1.7 )
I made a comment on the http://weather.cobbnz.com/vistagadget.aspx page saying that I would update to 1.8 so people would not that it was working again.
No other changes were made.
There was a bug ( extra "." in the key) in the updating of the time for the next check for a new version - This caused the update check to occur every time the gadget updated its weather data.
We changed some of the code so that if it requests weather data and it gets an HTTP 200 success but the data returned is "" it will retry 10 times once every 3 seconds.
We never noticed this before but the weather.cobbnz.com site was moved from a home server to www.godaddy.com and this required the data for Fendalton to be uploaded by FTP to the godaddy server. There appears to be issues (not sure with godaddy or weather display) where the file is left ""
Some of the messages are now smaller when an error occurs so instead of "ClientRaw Header Missing" it is simply "Missing Header"
If an error occurs the spinner object is not shown when it does its updates.
Never released - used by some internal testers only.